The Meaning Behind My Tattoo


I recently got my first ever tattoo! It was a very spontaneous decision, but I absolutely love it and it looks EXACTLY how I wanted it to look. Because this tattoo means so much to me, I've decided to dedicate a blog post to it with some information regarding the experience of getting my first ever tattoo.

I expected it to be super painful, however it didn't actually hurt that much. Plus it only hurt whilst it was being done, but not afterwards. It was a much better experience than I expected it to be, and I already want another tattoo! My tattoo has healed extremely well and the experience couldn't have been better.

The meaning: I just recently returned from a life-changing trip to Laos in Southeast Asia where I volunteered at an Elephant Conservation Camp (more about this trip here). This trip was the scariest thing I had ever done, but I had the best time of my entire life. The elephant symbolises a development in my personality. When I returned from Laos, I noticed that my life was much happier and I was smiling a lot more. However, I realised that my life hasn't actually changed that much; what has changed is my outlook on life. My trip to Laos has made me a much more positive, chilled out person who is enjoying life a lot more. I don't worry about things or stress out as much. I've been leaving my comfort zone ALL THE TIME, and have gained huge amounts of confidence. I am actively trying to conquer my fears. I'm more motivated to succeed in life. I have overcome a lot of obstacles due to my trip to Laos and my little elephant not only symbolises my love for the creatures, but how my memories of the trip are something that I want to carry around with me wherever I go. This way, I'll always be reminded of the confident, careless person I was in Laos, and I'll always take this part of me into every situation life throws at me.

Do you have any tattoos? Do you plan on getting any? Let me know in the comments; I'd love to see the meanings behind other people's tattoos.

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.