20 Things I've Learnt In 20 Years


A few months ago, I turned 20. I'M NO LONGER A TEENAGER! That's actually baffling. I can't believe I've survived through my teenage years. Although I'm not pleased with growing older, I cannot express how happy I am that I'm 20. My teenage years weren't the best... but I know that my 20's will be some of the happiest years of my life.

I've learnt a lot in my 20 years of life so far. I thought I'd share them with you as a reflection on my life and how I can improve in my adulthood. I hope you enjoy :)

1. Taking other people's thoughts into consideration usually makes you unhappy. I struggle with certain issues all the time, and I'm constantly thinking about how others will judge me rather than how I judge myself. I need to learn to stop doing this, because it usually adds more stress to my issues.

2. It's really not that hard to appreciate the little things. I'm not sure why we live in a society where people are constantly needing huge things. Personally, as long as I have a home that makes me feel comfortable, a loving family, enough money to get by, and the support from my boyfriend, then I don't really need anything else. I feel so fortunate every day that I have more than I need, and there is never a moment that goes by where I'm not appreciative of my life.

3. If you find yourself attractive, then no-one else matters. This is something that I've recently learnt. When I feel pretty, I don't care about how other people view the way I look. I'm pleased with the way I look, and that's all that matters.

4. Don't leave all your school/college/uni work til the last minute. It's much less stressful to do it straight away.

5. Stop blaming yourself for things that happened years ago. You're not the same person anymore.

6. I've achieved a lot in the past few years, and I need to give myself more credit.

7. It's not healthy to have multiple hot chocolates daily.

8. It's also not healthy to eat tortellini every day for a week.

9. Uni really tests your independence, but has massively increased my confidence.

10. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you feel about it.

11. If you water your succulents too much, they will die and you'll feel like a murderer.

12. You will never regret taking pictures during happy times. I constantly look back at pictures and smile at how happy that moment was.

13. Some people just aren't good people, and there's nothing you can do about it. Just avoid them if you can and continue to live your happy little life.

14. Always be polite to people... until they screw you over >:)

15. I should never have started playing World of Warcraft because now I'm addicted and actually prioritised it over revising for my exams...

16. Don't be too quick to judge people, especially the one's that I have to see every day.

17. Refusing to watch the News was one of the best things I decided to do because I'm so much happier now I'm not aware of the awful things going on in the world.

18. There's no such thing as having 'too many candles'.

19. If you ever feel unmotivated when doing uni work, have a shower, splash your face with water, freshen up and just get on with it.

20. I have a very lucky life.

This blog post is waaaaay deeper than I expected it to be! Thank you for reading this, I hope you have a lovely day. Let me know anything you've learned in your life too in the comments, I'd love to know!

-bunnydiver.

2 comments:

  1. 1,2 and 14 are my favorite! Keeping those in mind makes my life easier!

    Great lessons :D


    http://www.desiringsme.com/fall-outfits-black-jeans/

    ReplyDelete

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.