Who said being 'ugly' is a bad thing?


Firstly, I want to apologise for not posting on here for a while! I know that everyone uses university deadlines as an excuse, but that's genuinely the reason why I've neglected my blog. I'll try to show it way more love once my deadlines and exams are over, however that won't be for over a month!

Anyway, today I wanted to share a semi-personal post on "being ugly". Because, let's be honest, the majority of us feel ugly at least once in their lifetime. Some people feel ugly more frequently than others. But recently I asked myself: "who said being ugly is a bad thing?".

We all want to be attractive. But who do we want to be attractive for, exactly? I want to feel attractive for myself, which I usually do until someone tells me I'm ugly. I don't care about other people's opinions, so why should it matter if a random stranger thinks I'm unattractive?

I want to feel attractive for myself, and for my boyfriend. And, usually, I wake up each day and love the way I look. My boyfriend also tells me more than once a day that he thinks I'm beautiful.

You know the only thing that makes me feel unattractive? Other people telling me I'm unattractive.

Well I'm not living my life like that anymore.

Yeah, there are MILLIONS of girls who are prettier than me. But, you know what? I'm not that bad. You may think I'm the ugliest person alive. But I don't care: because I think I'm pretty and that's all that matters.

I've had random people in the street tell me I'm too small, or my forehead is too big, or I look like a stick insect. 
That's okay, they're entitled to an opinion.
That doesn't mean I have to agree with it though.

My appearance doesn't even matter. My career won't be affected by my appearance. My boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful. My family always tell me I look pretty. I'm still going to have amazing life experiences regardless of what I look like. So whether I love my appearance or not - it doesn't even affect my life that much. 

I feel extremely fortunate that the only issues I've had with my skin is slight redness on my cheeks and dark under-eye circles. I feel extremely lucky to have long, thick hair. I feel extremely blessed to have a body which allows me to eat either fatty food or healthy food and not have my weight affected either way.

All I'm saying is: if you feel attractive, then other people's opinions don't matter.

I'm sorry for the unplanned rambling and messiness of this blog post, I pretty much just wrote whatever came to my mind at the time. It just annoys me that so many people feel ugly because other people think they are - like why does it even matter?! Worry about real life issues, like your health and your happiness. You shouldn't ever feel ugly. And even if you do feel ugly, who said that's a bad thing?!

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.