Valentine's Day Makeup (Drugstore/High Street)


With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought that I would actually do a blog post based on this special event. Whether you have a partner or not, Valentine's Day is a perfect excuse to wear a red lipstick and put effort into your makeup. This is the makeup I will be wearing on Valentine's Day and I thought I would show you what products I used in case you were wondering! All of these are super affordable and perfect for anyone on a budget.

Foundation
The foundation I used is the Rimmel London Fresher Skin Foundation in the shade Ivory. I'm a huge fan of Rimmel foundations, and this one is quite new so I decided to give it a try. I love the coverage of it; I'd say it's a medium coverage. However, it is much messier than the other Rimmel Foundations as it doesn't have a pump. The brush I used to blend this in is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - one of my favourite brushes ever!

Concealer
The Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer (in the shade Ivory) is perfect for brightening up the face and covering red patches; I have been using this concealer for years now and have absolutely loved it. I also used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair to cover my dark circles under my eyes. Both of these concealers are amazing for covering up red spots and dark circles. I used a brush I got from eBay, which I expected to be quite bad and cheap, but it's actually really good quality and blends concealer really well!

Powder
The powder I used for this look is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Transparent because it's excellent for disguising oily/shiny areas and it keeps my makeup looking perfect all day. I would highly recommend this product. I used a Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply this.

Bronzer
(Not technically Drugstore but still affordable!) The bronzer I used is the Models Prefer Stages of Beauty Set in the shade Soft Pinks & Violets. I love this bronzer as it's really easy to blend and looks nice with my skin tone (for a review of this product, click here). I used the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply this - a brush which works well for contour, blusher AND bronzer.

Blusher
The blusher I used is the Models Prefer 2 in 1 Blush in the shade Ravishing Rouge. This blusher is perfect for Valentine's Day as it adds a subtle but beautiful pink to your cheeks. You can tell how much I love this product by how it's almost empty! I used the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply this.

Eye shadow
Not many people know this, but this product is actually available in the high street. This eye shadow quad is the Make Me Beautiful Perfect Look Eyeshadows by Next. So if you have a Next down your high street, check out their eye shadows! They're extremely good quality and they have some beautiful colours. I used a Models Prefer Eyeshadow Brush to blend this.

Mascara
That's right - I'm a two mascara gal! I start off with the Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara in Extra Black because this curls your lashes and makes them stand out. I then finish with the Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara in Black because this makes your eyelashes blacker and thicker - which I love. Because I have short, stumpy eyelashes naturally, a combination of two mascaras does the job perfectly. 

Lipstick
My favourite red lipstick of all time is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 37. This shade of red is perfect for my skin tone because it isn't a dark red - it's a bright cherry red. It's moisturising on the lips, it stays on for an extremely long time, and the colour is BEAUTIFUL. This is definitely the perfect Valentine's Day lipstick for me.

Below are some rather unflattering and awkward images of me to show you the completed makeup look:



Blog posts like this make me SO excited for Valentine's Day! Unfortunately, I will be spending it alone in my room watching Netflix, because my boyfriend and I live 4 hours away from each other (*cry*). 

Comment below letting me know what your plans are for Valentine's Day and what makeup you will be wearing! Thank you for reading this and I'll be back again next week.

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.